Sunday, February 16, 2014

Since my last post I've finished getting new lenses in both eyes.  I can see a major difference.  Driving at night has become much easier as the glare from oncoming headlights doesn't blind me any more.  Last night my roommate and her boyfriend and I were sitting around talking when Patty all of sudden said "What's wrong with your eye?"  A blood vessel had broken in the eye.  This is not a serious thing, but it is the first time it has happened to me.  Very scary looking, the eye is filled with blood and the eye is swollen.  Pretty frightening.  Luckily Patty knew about it and was able to talk me into just calling the doctor rather that head for the emergency room.  Today the swelling is gone, but the blood remains and looks horrible.  No degradation of sight though.

Two days ago I was able to get out on my new cross country skis.  Wonderful feeling and the possibility of an exercise that I find fun.  The lake in front of the house is a wonderful place to ski.

I have now been given notice that my last shift at LLBeans will be Feb. 22.  I am glad.  Maybe I'll have more energy to do things around here now.

No comments:

Post a Comment