Friday, May 18, 2012

Pennsylvania


After Croatan I went to Assateague National Park. It's a pretty place in many ways. I enjoy watching the wild horses. They completely ignore the humans around them. Since they don't beg for handouts, I think the Park Service has done a good job educating the public not to feed or interact with the horses. The last time I was there I saw an idiot trying to put a kid on the back of one in order to take a picture.  They are wild animals and will hurt people if they feel threatened.

Yesterday I did something stupid. I drove from Assateague to Tioga, PA. Over 300 miles. An exhausting trip. I had never really driven through PA before in a way to take in the scenery. This is a truly beautiful state (outside the urban areas)*. Many spectacular vistas and picturesque farms. Beautiful river frontage for miles.

I'm camped at a Corps of Engineers campground on Hammond Lake in Tioga. A beautiful spot on the lake and a nice campground. There is a large boat ramp and parking area. I may get the energy to put the kayak in tomorrow.

Life is good to me. I sit here in my little home, play on the computer without anything that must be done today. I did another geocache today, drove through some beautiful scenery, and found an rv supply to get stuff I needed. In a little while I'm going to take a nice hot shower. What luxury, the showers at Assateague were cold water. After the shower I'll do a little cooking. Maybe then some ham radio.

* all urban areas look the same and all are ugly as far as I'm concerned 

No comments:

Post a Comment