Monday, May 7, 2012

South Carolina


Major update

On May 4 and 5 I attended an Aliner Owners rally at Myrtle Beach SC. The group was fun and I met some wonderful people. I actually won a door prize, a wine bottle holder that you freeze and then put the bottle in. The campground was a commercial place with over 800 sites. Where we were was open with no shade and sites very close together. Not exactly my cup of tea.

We had to be out of the campground by noon on Sunday the sixth. I wasn't sure where I wanted to go next, so I headed a few miles south to Huntington Beach State Park. I stayed here last fall and enjoyed the park. Quite different from Myrtle Beach. The sites are wooded with great shade and with nice separation. Unfortunately they are very busy. I could only get one night. But that gave me some time to plan. Today I am headed for Santee State Park. Looks as if I'll be able to stay a few days and maybe get in some kayaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment