Friday, January 8, 2016

An interesting situation:
110 power is out. For the park, restaurant, and maybe the town. And for some unknown reason my 12 volt system is not working. And, I can't pack up and leave because we are having a windstorm and aliners are not good at folding or unfolding in high winds. I'm glad I have lots of bedding, including a sleeping bag. 2.5 gals of drinking water. I'm going to have to try to start the frig on propane. Haven't had much luck with that, up to now. Also I left my electric meter at home, so have no way of checking wiring. Still going to try some stuff. Heat is my big problem.

Four hours later the power came back on. In the meantime I find my 12 volt system does not work the way it should. That means I have to have 110 power wherever I stay. Without it I have no heating system and the refrigerator does not work. I may be able to get the frig working on propane. We'll see about that.

Did laundry today. One of the interesting things traveling the way I do is the people you meet. While doing laundry I had a long talk with a guy who works in a marina in Maryland during the summer and then does what he pleases when that closes down. He is currently traveling around the country on a dirt bike. This is the perfect place for that.

Another guy lives here and makes his living trapping bees. He has hives and occasionally gets a hive that way. His major income is from killing africanized bees. A major problem here. There were four deaths this past season.


Tomorrow I plan to see the other end of the park. Sunday will be a cleaning and packing up day.
 Leave on Monday.

Hooray! Frig is working on propane.  Really helps to wait until after dark to light it.  I can't see the pilot light in daylight.  Without the frig I would be eating most of my meals in restaurants.  Now if I have to live without 12 volt power I can.  I have a battery powered lantern, and a sleeping bag with extra blankets.  Cooking can be done with just the propane.  I'll miss the microwave and toaster oven, but can live without if I'm just traveling.

No comments:

Post a Comment