Monday, January 18, 2016

Currently in Southwest Oklahoma.
Carlsbad was not an interesting place to visit.  I couldn't do the caverns because the elevator was out of service and I was told not to try the walk in and out with a bad hip and knee.
I did stay a few extra days because I met an attractive and interesting woman.  We had a date, but there were no sparks.  We did share a day of geocaching.  Oh well.

The drive here was interesting.  At first it was just industrial desert.  Then the land changed to grasslands and farmland.  Huge areas of grazing cattle and cotton fields.  Then rolling grassland.  Looked just like cowboy country from the movies.  I wouldn't have been surprised to see a real cowboy on horseback.  Mostly black angus, but I did see on place with some brahmas and even a Texas longhorn.  Saw a few deer.  By Maine standards they're stunted.

I passed through one town and only saw one person.  It was Sunday after all, so all the stores were closed.

Went geocaching today but called it quits after one "did not find" and one success.  It's cold, low thirties, and windy.  Not a good day to be poking around in the brush.

Arkansas tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment