Sunday, January 10, 2016

Yesterday I drove to the other end of the park.  That is Boquillas Canyon and Rio Grande Village.
I would move there tomorrow and stay a few days except I need to do some legal work that needs services not available here in the park.  Not sure what the problem was, but my 12 volt system is working fine. A great relief.

I have always loved being in the desert.  This place is fantastic.  When I was a teenager I made many trips into the Mojave.  This trip has brought back many good memories.  You have never seen the night sky until you look up while in an isolated part of the desert.  I would like to come back and kayak much of the Rio Grande in the park. I'm not equipped well enough to do that this trip.
Also I'd like to have a smaller vehicle, jeep or toyota.  The unimproved roads are pretty rough on a full size pickup.

These pictures are of the Rio Grande in Boquillas Canyon.  The other side of the river is Mexico.  I can see where the first people to find this place would have thought it was heaven.  The hunting would have been good, and farming too.  Not many enemies would be able to get to you through the surrounding desert.





No comments:

Post a Comment