Sunday, August 13, 2017

Currently in a KOA in Casey, IL.  Trip has been just one trial after another.  Started a day late because of brake problems.  Roof in the camper is starting to come apart.  Refrigerator quit working.  I've gotten lost three times because I didn't do what the gps told me to do.  Stupid.

I have enjoyed the drive.  The White Mountains are always a joy.  The mountainous country of New Hampshire, Vermont, and upstate New York was beautiful.   Now I'm in farming country with huge fields of corn and stuff I can't identify.

Including the one I'm at, I've stayed at three KOAs and three parking lots with free parking.  I've signed up to this site that has a database of free or low cost overnight stays.  It also includes places where you can't stay.  Very handy.

Tomorrow I'll head for some place in Iowa.  Probably a freebee stay and then Tuesday I'll be at the destination in Gretna, Nebraska.  That's where I want to be during the eclipse.  I hope the weather cooperates so I don't have to go chasing clear skies.

I haven't had a chance to do any geocaching.  Maybe tomorrow on the way out.

No comments:

Post a Comment