Thursday, August 24, 2017

I am camping at the Slough Creek campground run by the Corps of Engineers at Lake Perry, Kansas.
I’ll be here through Saturday and then onto Missouri.

On my way in here I bought some groceries and ice.  When I started setting up I found that ice water had gotten into the bag of bread in the ice chest.  I put the soggy bag on the tailgate of the truck and forgot about it.  Last night about two in the morning something rocked the whole camper. I figured either a bear or a raccoon had found the bread. Later I could hear something rattling around in my collection of recyclable cans in the bed of the truck.  Much too small a space for a bear.  Tonight the noise started earlier and I was able to shine a flashlight out a window and see two good sized raccoons playing around on the tailgate.  Guess they couldn’t find anything to eat as there is no noise now.

Today I unfolded the bike and went for a ride.  Actually got in three rides today.  One of them I used to find a geocache.

Tomorrow will cleanup day. A trip into the nearest town (Perry) for laundry. If there’s time I’ll go looking for something interesting or another geocache.

No comments:

Post a Comment