Monday, August 28, 2017

I’m currently in a Corps of Engineers park on Rathbun Lake in Iowa. I love these Corps campgrounds. So far they have always been beautiful, well maintained, and cheap. With my lifetime federal pass I’m staying here for nine dollars a night. Now, while I do have electricity to the camper I don’t have running water or sewage. I have to walk to a toilet (clean and comfortable) and drive to the shower. The shower is usually clean, with hot water.  Not as convenient as a KOA, but a lot cheaper, and a lot nicer.  The last campground, in Kansas had a lot of geese. I just heard some flying over. Haven’t seen them here yet.

Tomorrow will be an attempt to use my inflatable kayak. An attempt because I’m not sure the air pump puts out enough pressure. Also want to get out on the bike. That will be good exercise as it’s pretty hilly here.


After tomorrow I hope the next campground will be in Indiana. We’ll see if I make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment