Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Last night the temperature here was in the twenties. I had three levels of blankets on and was still chilled. Finally dawned on me that it was the mattress that was cold. In this camper the bed hangs out over the truck cab. There is no insulation under the mattress, just plywood and aluminum siding. I got up rigged the bed where the dinette is and finally got some sleep. Not a very comfortable setup and very inconvenient to do that on a regular basis.

Today I bought some foil faced insulation and put it under the mattress. We will see how well I sleep tonight. If the same problem occurs the trip will be over and I will be on my way home as fast as possible. If I sleep well I will decide in the morning if I am headed for Florida, Texas, or Maine.

I have enjoyed staying at this park because of the people. I feel like I have joined a new family. The park itself is nice, the facilities new and clean. But with all my vehicle problems this was just a place to stay. The support and help I got from the park Director and the check-in clerk was just over the top. And I got my own banjo concert.

I belong to a website called Rvillage where people try to meet up in campgrounds. Today I met Terry,  a wonderful lady. We talked for hours. Tomorrow we go our separate ways and may never meet in person again. I do think we will be staying in touch through the internet.

1 comment:

  1. You can do it, Art! Insulation.... you'll figure it out. Sleeping bag, or a better one.... you'll rise to the challenge.
    Best wishes, Brent.

    ReplyDelete