Friday, November 11, 2011

11-11-11

Today is Veterans Day.  Whenever I say that phrase I get pictures of the Normandy invasion.  So many men and women have died protecting this country.  Those veterans have earned our respect.  Too bad this holiday has just become a shopping day. 

WW2 seems to have been necessary.  It's too bad so many of our wars have not been worth the sacrifice of those men and women. 

I woke up in the Stephen Foster park planning to go kayaking with the alligators.  But wasn't feeling too well.  Rather than pay for an extra day I decided to get on the road.  So a short time later was on the way to Florida.  Of course, a few hours later I was regretting not staying the extra day.  I just may go by the swamp on the way home.  I may yet go kayaking with alligators.  Now I'm visiting with Ina in Davenport Fl. 

The trip down was uneventful and easy.  Northern FL. Is wide open, with lots of cattle farms.  Lots of beautiful scenery.  It's too bad they allow so many billboards.

Yesterday Ina and I went geocaching.  We found two.  Actually I should say she found them.  We were both looking, but she was the one who saw them first.  Geocaching has become the major focus of this trip.

I don't particularly care for FL. as a state.  FL allowed George Bush to become president and do the damage he did and a large percentage of those objectionable billboards are misleading ads against abortion. 

2 comments:

  1. How far south are you planning to go? Many alligators in Everglades. Sunspots are coming back. 10 M open most days during daylight hours. If you get your rig working on 20 M, try the Spiderweb net on 14.347 every morning @ 7:30 AM EST. Spiderweb has several regulars that check in from Florida. 73

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree about the abortion billboards. I pass several on the way to/from work every day and they annoy me every time. Also annoying is the assumption down here that if you're an upstanding citizen, you must love Jesus. I never got that treatment in Maine. We do have the beautiful weather though...

    ReplyDelete