Saturday, November 5, 2011

11-5-11

From Huntington Beach State Park, Murrell Inlet, South Carolina

Today was great.  Did two geocaches, one took a short walk through undistinguished woods and the  other through a beautiful nature trail.  I feel great from doing the hiking.  This is a beautiful spot.  The rest of the coast must be just as beautiful, but you can't see it for the big homes, gated communities, and condos.

The weather was sunny, but very windy.  Had to keep the hat tied on whenever I was out from under the trees.  Last night the wind gusts were so strong I had some concern for the trailer.  Shouldn't have worried.  Not sure what I'll do tomorrow.  I have to do some laundry, but that's all the have to's.  I may try to get a 40 meter antenna up so I can work radio in the evening.  I think I'll try some radio on 20 during the day too. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are having fun Art! Tina and I had been looking for a new post from you and we got 3 in 3 days :) I totally agree that all this flat land is rather boring, but we are more used to it. When we drive and find ourselves at a small hill we start to get excited - oh well. As for the kayaking, I'm glad you've got a chance to get some of that in - speaking of which I saw this and thought of you: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504784_162-20123266-10391705.html We're looking forward to hearing more of your adventure - safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have a shack in your trailer or do you have to be sitting in your car? What powers your rig, the car battery? Good to hear you're trying to get on 40 & 20. I am too. Sue & I moved from our summer cottage (where the old Swan is connected to a 20 M dipole) to a rented house about a mile away. I'm working towards having a shack in this place, but running the antenna feed line is my missing link. I hope to complete that this afternoon.

    I have the TS-50 in my truck, so I can get on 20 but the battery doesn't have enough juice to XMIT unless the engine is running.

    Anyhow, sounds like a great trip. We feel inspired to get back to geocaching. It has been months, maybe a year since we did any

    ReplyDelete