Sunday, November 6, 2011

11-6-11 Huntington Beach State Park


Another great day. Went out for breakfast. Found a good breakfast/brunch/lunch place. (Applewood House of Pancakes). Did my laundry. Went for a nice hike along the ocean and then a nature trail to a freshwater lagoon. There are supposed to be alligators in the lagoon, but I didn't see any. Water is very low too.

View of Sandpiper Pond and the ocean beyond.

I tried working ham radio, but no luck. Other stations don't seem to hear me. Not sure what is going on. I'll have to set up a schedule with someone and see if we can make contact.

Tomorrow night I should be sleeping in the Okefenokee swamp in Georgia. I'll be tired too as it's over 400 miles of driving.

2 comments:

  1. You're making your way south quickly! Come to Florida and we'll find you some alligators ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got my Carolina Windom up today. Only band tested was 75, but got a 59+ from N1RPH. I'd like to think it'll work on the higher bands. I usually have a sked with W2VN in Fla on Thursday evenings. Assuming that goes well this week, I'll be ready to try a sked with you when you're in Fla.

    How far south are you targeting? If you get to the Everglades area, maybe we can suggest a few places to visit. As you might remember, we are familiar with Marco Island.

    ReplyDelete