Sunday, November 20, 2011

11-20-11 Summersville, West Virginia


I am in a campground near Summersville, WV. Drove in after dark and had no idea what the place was like. Turns out to be pretty nice. Except they have winterized. No water at the site, and no showers or restrooms. Good thing there is a truck stop just a little way up the street.

Today turned out to be a gloomy one. Overcast and light rain all day. Ate breakfast out (I'm doing too much of that).

Did some laundry.

Found a couple of geocaches. One of the caches was the kind I look for. It led me to an interesting spot. That place is an overlook above the Summersville reservoir. Very deep gorge. I left a geocoin in that one. The coin was given to me by Ben and Tina the night we played “Settlers of Catan” in Orlando, FL.

I think my fear of heights is getting worse. I drove over a dam today and the feeling in the pit of my stomach was the same as if I were standing at the edge of a cliff.
Summersville Reservoir

No comments:

Post a Comment